"Food is like sex: when you abstain, even the worst stuff begins to look good."

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cherry poppin post

So after I went on a cruise and ate like a fat gurl for 7 days straight I just haven't been motivated to go to the gym. Today I finally went to yoga and the reason I love working out is all coming back to me. You know that feeling you get when you eat a big piece of birthday cake with half melted ice cream? Like all is right with the world? Well that's how i feel in Savasana after an hour of pushing myself into pretzels. I LOVE IT. Wish I could say the same for interval training. I just do it because I know it's very effective but I'm not gonna lie, I hate every second of it.
 As for eating better I am hoping that starting this blog will make me feel more accountable for eating 2 cookies followed by a huge plate of firnee (afghan pistachio pudding) and some other sweet stuff that I can't pronounce but I know sure as hell isn't very good for you, all at my dads. I went to trader joes today and I bought some turkey meatballs because sal loves pasghetti and meatballs. I just love pasghetti and veggies not a big fan of the balls but I'll probably try one. Two balls for only 100 calories....what a deal! I also got some spinach to make some green smoothies which I had for lunch. Also got some stuff for grilled tilapia fish tacos. So the plan is to write and possibly take pictures of what I'm eating and hope that I can start eating cleaner and get rid of my sugar binge that happens every work day at 2:00.
So far today I had....
9:00 organic apple an hour before yoga
10:00 Added a little agave syrup to my zero cal sports drink just in case I crash while working out..which I'm glad I did because I started to get a little shakey and tired halfway through but this helped out.
12:00 A piece of proten bread post yoga with smart balance and low sugar jam and a piece of turkey bacon sal cooked up. Sooo good. Trader joes brand with no nitrates or fillers
2:00A green smoothie with frozen strawberries, half a banana, almond milk, ice, 15g protein powder, almonds, chia seeds and 2 cups of organic spinach.
5:00 half serving of all bran crackers with laughing cow wedge
Dinner will probably be asparagus and whatever else I have around.

No comments:

Post a Comment