"Food is like sex: when you abstain, even the worst stuff begins to look good."

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Catch up

I've been slacking the last couple days...I didn't even cook Wednesday night but Sal made some amazing rolled tacos. We had some shredded chicken left over and he rolled them in corn tortillas and squished about 5 of them in a pan together and just toasted them without using oil. He topped em with cabbage, tomato and light cheese. Then on the side was avocado and greek yogurt. I think he's trying to one up me....
I think I redeemed myself because the next day I made some Kale chips to snack on. I swear they sound crazy but they really aren't half bad and it's a great way to eat a bunch of veggies. Kale is especially go
od for you but I've yet to make it without it tasting dreadfully bitter. This is the best think since sliced bread! I top mine with garlic seasoning or a ms dash southwestern seasoning. I also made some fat boy style biscuits and gravy because Sal was dying for some. I didn't touch them though. Instead I had some of the turkey sausage and egg beaters for dinner. I  just love breakfast foods especially for dinner.
 
I went to costco for a work related food run and I was SOOOOO EXCITED! I was addicted to these things a few months ago but they told me they were discontinued. Only 60 calories a serving and just as addicting as regular chips.
 
This is just a pic of my favorite rediscovered dessert. I'm not really one of those psycho girls who needs chocolate constantly. I'm way more of a apple cinnamon or fruity dessert lover, but damn these things hit the spot sometimes. These are the vitatops that Hungry Girl obsesses about. They're a bit pricey to order online but I found them at Costco as well. At Target they have other flavors. The banana nut is my fave. They're not exactly "healthy" for you. They still have some sugar in them but have some added fiber and vitamins. They taste great and at 100 cal each they sure beat eating real chocolate cake. I top mine with whip cream, sugar free chocolate sauce and some sliced almonds.


No comments:

Post a Comment